The 2021 CDCAT Conference is nearly here! After a crazy last year, it’s exciting to see everyone in-person again and get back to face-to-face greetings, in-person interactions, and hugs for everyone!
This year’s conference is especially exciting for us because it’s going the first conference where we’ll exhibit as GovOS and Kofile Services. You might remember that earlier this year we introduced two new companies under the Kofile brand:
- Kofile Services – our preservation, imaging and indexing business
- GovOS – the consolidation of our software products (CountyFusion, TownFusion, Vanguard, and SeamlessDocs)
You can find team members from both companies at booths 203, 205 and 207 during the conference. We’ll have some fun giveaways, as always, as well as a place to relax and recharge to help keep you going throughout the entire event.
But let’s be real – the fun really happens outside the conference walls.
This year’s host city, Amarillo, TX, has so much to offer. I recently had a chat with Julie Smith, County Clerk for Potter County, and I loved how she described the city: “To me Amarillo has always been a bigger city with a small town feel. It’s very family friendly, with lots of historical buildings to explore, and you can actually see the sun rises and sun sets here!”
Kofile is proud to once again show its support for CDCAT by sponsoring two excellent events during the conference:
- The Wednesday Night Clerk of the Year Gala
- The Monday Night Clerk of the Year Nominee Reception at Hodgetown Stadium
Beyond those events, there is plenty to see and do. I talked to Julie and Stephnie Menke, District Clerk of Potter County to get five things you should absolutely try to check out while visiting Amarillo next week.
Top 5 Things to do in Amarillo, TX During CDCAT
- Cadillac Ranch – You’ve likely seen this attraction in any number of movies: classic Cadillac cars, submerged halfway in the ground, their tails pointing up toward the sky. This somewhat eerie and wondrous site makes for a very interesting sightseeing drive, and for those of you that want to make art, you can purchase a can of spray paint there and add your own mark to the cars.
- Location: 13651 I-40 Frontage Rd, just west of the Amarillo city line.
- Historic Route 66 District – Travel back in time, without needing a time machine, and relive the glory days of traveling the United States of America. The Route 66 Historic District provides visitors with more than a mile of galleries, antique boutiques, food options and buildings that harken back to a historic age. This particular district was one of the first business and residential districts in Amarillo, featuring the legendary Nat Ballroom, which is home now to more than 100 vendors.
- Location: 6th Ave. between Georgia & Western Streets
- Wonderland Amusement Park – If you’ve got the family in tow on this trip, then Wonderland Amusement Park is a great place to let everyone blow off a little steam. Heck, you might even want to ride The Texas Tornado yourself to shake off some of the convention air.
- Location: 2601 Dumas Dr., Amarillo, TX 79107
- Botanical Gardens – Self-described as “An Oasis on the Plains”, the breathtaking grounds of the Amarillo Botanical Gardens symbolize the beautiful story of how the center grew from a small garden club in 1929 to a major attraction today for visitors from all over the world.
- Location: 1400 Streit Drive, Amarillo, Texas 79106
- Palo Duro State Park – “It’s like you dropped off the face of the earth,” says Julie Smith. This massive state park features the second biggest canyon after the grand canyon, and offers park goers hiking, biking, zip lining and even glamping (glamorous camping).
- BONUS: on June 8, 9, 10 or 11 you can see the TEXAS Outdoor Music in the park. Get tickets here.
- Location: 11450 State Hwy Park Rd 5, Canyon, TX 79015
Amarillo, TX Food Recommendations:
- Within walking distance of the CDCAT event:
- Six Car Pub & Brewery – C’mon, who doesn’t want to enjoy some lively ambiance after a long day at the conference. If you stay long enough in the week, the rooftop here stays open until midnight on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Crush Amarillo – One of the most memorable dining experiences in Amarillo, and the premier wine bar, Crush serves beautifully created local cuisine is an effervescent atmosphere.
- A little further from the event, but worth the trip:
So, on behalf of the Kofile Services team in Texas—Cathy Drolet, Stacy Cortesano, Billy Gerwick, Scott Fausto, Miriam Gray, and Jack Morris—we’re looking forward to seeing you all again in Amarillo!
Be sure to make time to stop by our booths to say hi, and let us show you how digital transformation is happening all over Texas. Safe travels and see you soon!