What is Access?
The key to all of the processes Kofile deploys is access to all records for those who need to use these documents in the future. Access is delivered in both physical and digital means. Our goal – make all local government records accessible in all forms possible from hard copy, on-premise, private and public cloud devices.
After documents are put through the Kofile Restoration/Preservation processes, proper storage and the continued ability to access these records is critical for permanent retention. Kofile produces the following products for long term physical storage.
- Disaster Safe Binders – DSB (U.S. Patent No. 10,160,255)
- LayFlat Envelopes (U.S. Patent No. 7,943,220 B1)
- Plat Cabinets and Record Binder/DSB Shelving
Kofile also has a full suite of retention and storage consulting services that helps local governments determine the most secure methods for meeting their requirements. We have designed retention and access strategies for governments entities of all sizes – from the largest population counties / cities to some of the smallest.
Our Local Retention services are a suite of archival and backup services that include the ability to replicate information to a local site. This approach provides another secure way to duplicate information and provide clients with methods for accessing and reproducing valuable information. Kofile provides for the electronic or physical duplication of information for transferal to the client’s location. Electronic information is delivered in an industry standard format for easy importation to a variety of information management systems.
Local Retention formats include:
- Microfilm to provide unalterable physical offline storage to comply with government regulations
- Industry standard data and image electronic formats for easy system importation or for human reading
- Portable Kofile format for automated importation to a Kofile information management system
- The range of Kofile retention services allows for a complete and multi-tiered approach to ensuring the highest possible degree of secure storage and guaranteed accessibility.
A key component of any retention strategy is to place managed copies of information in multiple locations with different access strategies. This approach provides a number of benefits:
- A high degree of accessibility while protecting against different types of outages or data loss
- Seamless backup of information to a secure cloud infrastructure
- Automatic duplication and geographic distribution
- Management under a state-of-the-art set of security procedures and tooling
- Information backed up to the Kofile Cloud Retention solution can also be further protected by writing the digital information to microfilm, and storing either at the client site or in Kofile’s secure retention facility.
This multi-layered approach provides a secure and resilient storage and recovery strategy that is designed to meet strict regulatory guidelines for critical information retention.